Monit is a very useful program because he is able to check the availability of your different services and restart them if they become unstable or inaccessible.
For this, Monit can:
- check if a service is started
- alert you by email when a problem occurs on your server
- alert you when a service becomes unstable and automatically restart it if you want
- check services individually or in groups
- check the availability of your website and if you want a specific page of your site
- Monit supports TCP and UDP protocols, and monitoring of them over SSL (eg HTTPS)
- check resources (CPU and RAM) used by Linux and your services
- check the stability of your Linux server
- and more.